Coach Associate & Coach in Training, Athletica Gymnastics
Athletica Gymnastics Inc. is a privately owned and operated new gymnastics club located in the Currie Barracks, across from Mount Royal University in the South West part of Calgary. We are proud to offer recreational and competitive gymnastics programs in a safe, fun, energetic and motivating environment.
We are looking for energetic and enthusiastic Preschool, Recreational, Developmental and Competitive gymnastics coaches to join our amazing team. There are various Part-time and Full-time positions available. If you are team oriented, LOVE working with kids and are committed to providing exceptional coaching for our gymnasts, we encourage you to apply.
Athletica Gymnastics Inc. offers competitive wages, as well as a fun and supportive work environment that allows you to make a difference in our athletes while contributing to our company and advancing your skills. Pay is based on experience and qualifications. Benefits, including professional development, are available to all employees. All positions report directly to the Gymnastics Program Director.
- Implement daily training sessions
- Developing Technical practices in their athletes programs which decrease risk i.e. space, speed and height awareness, landings, control of class, cooperation with others and determine athlete readiness for level of activity.
- Display coaching competency in making effective use of theoretical and technical knowledge
- Use training time to full advantage. i.e. effective use of equipment, effective coaching applications such as group work, stations, rotations and circuits: effective communication to reduce listening and increase activity.
- Come prepare to teach with written lessons plans as directed by your Team lead Coach. Evaluate and make notes of your lessons plans after class.
- Record and maintain attendance record and progress of your classes, including notation on risk management.
- Complete administrative documents accurate and on time i.e. time-sheets, evaluation, reports etc.
- Works effectively in co-operation with other coaches and staff of Athletica Gymnastics and attends monthly coaches meetings and technical planning meetings as required.
- Coaching duties must be performed demonstrating caring nature for participants and reflecting a respect in sport philosophy. Duties must be performed in support and accordance with:
- Athletica Gymnastics Philosophy
- AGF code of Ethics
- AGF code of Conduct
- AGF and Athletica Gymnastics policies
- GCG LTAD
- Preferred level 1 certified coach or willing to obtain the NCCP certification within a year
- Strong class management skills and understanding of engaging children
- Great multi-tasker with experience in coaching circuit-based gymnastics classes
- Understanding how to provide constant constructive feedback, making course adjustments and providing encouragement to help develop the best in each gymnast
- Ability to adapt to our level system, follow lessons plans and create lessons plans if required
- Athletic-minded with healthy lifestyle
- Strong role model in and out of the gym and loves to work with kids!
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Minimum of 1 year working with children in previous roles
- High School diploma or equivalent
- First Aid and CPR certified
- Respect in Sports
- All applicants must be able to provide a criminal record check
HOW TO APPLY
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.