Competitive WAG Coach, Salta Gymnastics Club
About Our Club
Salta Gymnastics Club is a Not for Profit organization located in sunny Medicine Hat, Alberta. Salta has been an integral part of the community, providing various gymnastics programs for many levels and disciplines of gymnastics, since 1988. Our vision is to encourage and promote gymnastics for youth in a fun, safe, and welcoming environment while fostering a strong junior coaching program.
Salta Gymnastics is looking for a permanent, full-time WAG Competitive Coach who is a dynamic individual with proven leadership and communication skills to work collaboratively as a strong member of our coaching team. Salta Gymnastics is committed to fostering and developing a positive culture in which all can thrive.
About The Position
Salta is seeking an enthusiastic coach for our women's competitive program. We're looking for an individual for 35+ hours a week, who will coach as part of our team for the women's program, and be available to assist with other groups as required. We are looking for a self-motivated, well rounded, committed and positive individual to join our growing team. The coach will work with athletes of various ages and abilities and as coaching and competition schedules vary, evenings and weekend work may be scheduled.
The coach will interact positively with athletes and will regularly keep parents up to date on their child's progress. They will work closely with Salta's team of coaches across our programs to ensure the best experience for all involved.
- National Coaching Certificate Level 3/4 or Equivalent or currently working towards.
- Completion of a Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in a related field is an asset.
- A minimum of 2 years of women's artistic gymnastics coaching experience working with the 5 to 18-year-old age group.
- Current and up to date CPR/First Aid Certification.
- Respect in Sport Certified and completion of Making Ethical Decisions.
- Current and clear police record check including vulnerable sector check.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, procedures, technical knowledge and the Code of Points in women's competitive gymnastics and JO requirements
- Proven ability to develop gymnasts 5-10 years of age through developmental stages and to develop gymnasts 10-18+ years of age through a progression up to and including elite/national levels including participation at national championships.
- Plan, develop and implement training and practice sessions.
- Develop, plan and coordinate competitive schedules and programs.
- Motivate and prepare athletes or teams for competitive events or games.
- Participate in coaching clinic instruction and coach mentoring.
- Analyze and evaluate athletes' or team's performance.
- Observe and evaluate prospective athletes' skills and performance.
- Provide input into athlete development plans and knowledge of athlete goals.
- Energetic and actively fostering a positive atmosphere and training environment.
- Approachable and solution-oriented with superior verbal and written communication skills, build positive rapport with athletes and their parents.
- Participate in hosted competitions, special events, team events and other Salta supported activities.
- Be willing to travel, travel overnight, travel cross-border or internationally.
- May be required to assist with coaching recreational groups if the need arises.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Immediate opening.
To apply to be part of our WAG coaching team, please submit a resume for consideration Attn: Kali Carlson, HR Coordinator, Salta Gymnastics Club. Email to HR@saltagym.com.
Although we thank all those who apply for the position, only those considered further in the recruitment process will be contacted.
For more information about Salta Gymnastics Club, please visit our website at:
Job Type: Full-time
Salta Gymnastics Club