Executive Director, Capital City Gymnastics Centre
Capital City Gymnastics Centre (CCGC) is a not-for-profit organization operating for over 40 years within the Edmonton region. CCGC continues to grow and expand, becoming one of the largest multi-discipline gymnastics clubs in Alberta. Our events are second-to-none, having hosted the 2016 Nationals and the ever-growing GymPower International Cup (Edmonton).
Our organization is seeking a dynamic individual who will provide leadership and who will work collaboratively with the board of directors to achieve strategic initiatives. This position will ensure the organizational values, programs, policies and procedures are in place to support a dedicated team in their delivery of gymnastics programming.
The role of Executive Director has an extensive set of responsibilities that include:
- Connecting with people, demonstrating accountability and transparency, building mutual trust and a respectful work environment
- Acting as an ambassador, understanding the concerns of key stakeholders, including parents, athletes, board of directors, suppliers, contractors, and gymnastics community groups
- Creating visibility for the organization, passive and active marketing, including participation in the local gymnastics community
- Enhancing technology, along with social media utilization, in promoting our organization
- Developing an infrastructure, framework and key processes that will help guide daily activities ensuring best practices for quality programming
- Preparing and analyzing financial data and reports to inform management decision-making processes
- Managing, supervising and monitoring all aspects of financial reporting systems to ensure policies and procedures are applied
- Bringing structure to chaos, and preparing and implementing appropriate policies to meet legislative requirements or as required by the Board
With the capacity to both teach and mentor, and a demonstrated success for leading people, executing strategic plans, setting priorities and demonstrating informed decision making, the successful candidate will also possess the qualifications below:
- Post-secondary education in Business or Sport Management or other related programs
- 7-9 years of progressive management experience in a non-profit/voluntary sector organization, supervising a minimum of 5 direct reports
- Experience preparing a budget of a minimum of $2.5 million in revenues and multiple lines of business
- Knowledge of all federal and provincial legislation applicable to voluntary sector organizations / Extensive insight of current community challenges and opportunities relating to the mission of the organization
- Knowledge of human resources, financial and project management
- Capacity for communication, in particular, excellent listening skills
To explore this exciting and challenging opportunity, please submit your resume via e-mail to the interim General Manager email@example.com by February 15, 2019.
We thank you for your interest! Only candidates under further consideration will be contacted.
Capital City Gymnastics Centre