Executive Director, St. Albert Gymnastics Club
Application Deadline: September 15, 2019
Position Start Date: October 7, 2019 or as agreed upon between the successful candidate and the hiring committee
Located in beautiful St Albert, Alberta, The St. Albert Gymnastics Club (SAGC) seeks to fill the newly developed position of Executive Director. SAGC maintains a philosophy that gymnastics is, above all else, fun, while stressing skill development, fitness, safety, and the fundamental discipline necessary to achieve these objectives. We provide a wide variety of programs in a safe and positive learning environment.
Serving St. Albert since the 1970s, SAGC is a leading club in both their competitive and recreational programming. This exciting opportunity will grow our administrative team who oversee more than 400 recreational athletes and has a dedicated Junior Olympic (JO1-10) competitive program, Excel, Pre-Competitive, and Inter-club programs.
The Executive Director is responsible for the successful leadership and management of the organization according to the strategic direction set by the Board of Directors. The role has an extensive set of responsibilities that include:
- Participate with the Board of Directors in developing a vision and strategic plan to guide the organization
- Act as a professional advisor to the Board of Directors on all aspects of the organization's activities
- Represent the organization at community activities to enhance the organization's community profile
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the organization
- Draft policies for the approval of the Board; review existing policies, as per a schedule set out by the board, and recommend changes to the Board as appropriate
- Monitor the day-to-day delivery of the programs and services of the organization to maintain or improve quality
- Recruit, interview, and select staff that have the right technical and personal abilities to help further the organization's mission
- Coach and mentor staff as appropriate to improve performance
- Work with staff and the Board to prepare a comprehensive budget
- Possess a solid and comprehensive understanding of bookkeeping and fiscal responsibility
- Ensure that sound bookkeeping, and accounting procedures are followed
- Administer the funds of the organization according to the approved budget and monitor the monthly cash flow of the organization
- Identify and evaluate the risks to the organization's people (clients, staff, management, volunteers), property, finances, goodwill, and image and implement measures to control risks.
- Post-secondary education in Business, Human Resources, Sport Management, or other related programs.
- 5 or more years of progressive management experience in a voluntary sector organization
- Knowledge of leadership and management principles as they relate to non-profit/ voluntary organizations
- Knowledge of all federal and provincial legislation applicable to voluntary sector organizations including: employment standards, human rights, occupational health and safety, charities, taxation, CPP, EI, health coverage, etc.
- Knowledge of current community challenges and opportunities relating to the mission of the organization
- Knowledge of human resources management
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of financial management
- A strong financial background would be an asset
The individual will be involved in challenging projects and the day to day operations of a dynamic and friendly work environment. A competitive compensation package which includes an attractive base salary and professional skills upgrading await the successful candidate.
Type of Position: Part-Time
Employment Type: Employee
Salary Range: Commensurate with training and experience
If you are interested in this exciting career opportunity, suitable candidates may apply via email to Kristin Boser, firstname.lastname@example.org, with a complete resume and a list of references.
2A Riel Drive
St. Albert, AB T8N 3Z7
St Albert Gymnastics Club (SAGC)