Full Time Women's Head Coach
This position embraces a team coaching philosophy and requires a high level of technical expertise, able to coach athletes of all ages and levels. This person should find enjoyment in the process and strive to enhance an athletes successes. Duties will include developing and administering training programs in coordination with the owners and other team coaches, as well as organizing the women's program. Some travel is required for out of province and country meets during the competitive season.
Hours of work:
37.5 - 44 hrs/wk variety of day/evenings/morning and weekends. Striving for 27-33 hours of coaching and the rest for administration of the women's program. This is a salaried position with paid vacation.
Education: National Coaching Certification Program Level 3 in Women's Gymnastics.
- Minimum five years' previous women's coaching experience including programming for and working with young children in a physical environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficient women's artistic coaching skills.
- Proven successful work history as a youth women's artistic coach.
- Knowledge of JO and FIG codes of points, with an emphasis on beam and floor.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Enthusiastic ability to foster positive relationships with a diverse group of employees, members, and volunteers.
- Ability to inspire and motivate team members.
- Positive attitude and the ability to work with children of all ages.
- Plan, develop and implement training and practice sessions for recreational and competitive athletes.
- Nurture and develop athletes' potential skills and abilities in recreational and competitive.
- Formulate competitive strategies, develop plans and direct athletes during competitions.
- Analyse and evaluate athletes' performances and modify training programs.
- Be a TEAM player and to work well with others. Being a leader in the gym is very important to the long-term development of the program.
Required for Employment:
Current Criminal Records Check, current Alberta Child Intervention Check, Standard First Aid/CPR(minimum) and Respect in Sport Certification must be obtained within the first three months of hire if not completed.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience and certification
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your expected salary and notice period.