Gymnastics Coach (Part-time), Royal Glenora Club
About Royal Glenora Club
In 1961, three clubs - the Glenora Skating and Tennis Club, the Braemar Badminton Club, and the Royal Curling Club - joined together to become the Royal Glenora Club. Since then, we have been dedicated to enriching our members' lives. The RGC is situated in the North Saskatchewan River valley, easily accessible from anywhere in Edmonton. Inside you will find a safe family environment, a welcoming community atmosphere, and a level of personalized service that can only be found in a private club. We offer a wide range of programs and activities.
Our thriving recreational and competitive athletics include fitness, skating, racquet sports, aquatics, and gymnastics for members of all ages. A number of our members have even gone on to compete in World Championships and the Olympics. Our full social calendar helps members to form relationships and build a sense of belonging through athletic tournaments, social events, and Clubs within the Club. Community, relaxation, and a healthier lifestyle for the whole family; the Royal Glenora Club has it all.
At Royal Glenora Club, we pride ourselves on having the best private club staff. Our staff members want to be here because we cultivate an environment in which everyone is treated with respect and friendliness, and where there is a sense of pride in the facility. Our employees are skilled service providers who embody our values of Excellence (Be It), Integrity (Live It), Accountability (Own It), Progressive (Bring It) and Attitude (Love It). This is who we are ─ Royal Glenora Club.
Reporting to the Gymnastic Manager/Head Coach, the responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to:
- Must possess a highly defined focus towards both internal and external guest service
- Establish any of the preschool, level or team programs
- Teach any and all groups through all rotations that are considered safe by current standards
- Explain and demonstrate age-appropriate gymnastics skills
- Observe and assist participants in acquiring new skills
- Provide class schedules for front desk and other staff
- Set up equipment specific to each class
- Check equipment and gym regularly to ensure a safe environment for participants
- Maintain accurate records of participants' attendance, payment, and progress
- Report accidents and injuries that occur during class
- Administer first-aid as necessary
- Inform parents of program policies and information
- Assist gymnastics supervisor by providing input for classes
- Organizes and maintains gym
- Answer phones and return messages as needed
- Responsible for preparing all administrative paperwork for the gymnastics program
- Set up and clean up the gym for daily circuits
- Use current computer software to determine participation and revenue
- Create a weekly outline of themes and circuits for classes for instructors to follow
- CPR/AED, and First-Aid Certification, or have the ability to obtain within six months (6) of employment.
- Gymnastics certification,
- Coaching, recreational and competitive gymnastics experience will be considered an asset.
- Physical education instruction skills
- Intermediate computer skills in MS Office
- Expert knowledge of preschool-aged children.
- Organizational skills
- Advanced customer service and phone etiquette skills require the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work in an indoor environment with frequent interruptions and distractions
- Ability to instruct gymnasts properly and safely to reach goal
Forward your resume and cover letter, highlighting your qualifications relevant to this position and using "Gymnastics Coach" as the subject line to email@example.com or fax to (780) 455-8138.
No telephone calls, please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Royal Glenora Club provides equal opportunity in employment and encourages applications from all qualified persons.
Job Type: Part-time
Royal Glenora Club