MAG/WAG/T&T Developmental/Competitive coaches required, Ortona Gymnastics
DEVELOPMENTAL/COMPETITIVE GYMNASTICS COACHES REQUIRED
We are in need of 3 developmental/competitive gymnastics coaches preference will be given to WAG, MAG and T&T coaches. This position embraces a team coaching philosophy and requires a high level of technical expertise. Coaching athletes of all ages and the enjoyment of the process, to enhance an athlete's successes, is a passion you emanate. Duties will include developing and administering training programs in coordination with the Technical Gymnastics Programs Director and other team coaches. Some travel is required for out of province and country meets during the competitive season. Full-time and/or part-time available.
- NCCP certification Level 2 T&T, WAG and/or MAG
- Working towards NCCP Level 3 an asset.
- Post-Secondary Education in Physical Education, Education or Early Childhood Development an asset.
- Experience in recreational gymnastics an asset.
- Enjoy working with children in various disciplines.
- Team coaching environment and collaboration of skill development a must.
- Coach recreational classes in addition to developmental or competitive groups.
Proven strengths in the area of:
- Customer service orientation - Understanding and meeting internal and external customer needs and perspectives.
- Accountability - Results oriented, takes ownership and delivers on commitments.
- Communication - Clear, concise, tactful, listens actively and objectively, open and consistent communication with all levels of the organization
- Teamwork - Works collaboratively with others to achieve common goals, while adding value to the team.
Pay is based on experience and qualifications. Benefits are available for full-time employees including professional development. This position reports to the Technical Gymnastics Programs Director.
Working Conditions :
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work days, nights, weekends, holidays.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Must be physically capable of performing a wide variety of physical tasks including walking, running, sitting, lifting, crouching, kneeling and jumping for extended periods of time.
- May perform work at heights.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
- Lifting or moving up to 50lbs may be required.
- Work will be performed in both indoor and outdoor environments in a variety of weather conditions.
- Prior to first day of work current Criminal Records Check and Alberta Child Intervention Check.
- Current Respect in Sport certification and Standard First Aid (minimum) to be obtained within the first six months of hire.
- Full-time/ Part-time available.
- Schedule will require weekends and evenings during September to June Summer months Monday to Friday. Language: Fluent English written, speaking and comprehension skills required.
Vacation: 2 weeks (4%) in accordance with Alberta Labour standards
Required for Employment: Current Criminal Records Check, current Alberta Child Intervention Check; Standard First Aid/CPR (minimum) and Respect in Sport Certification must be obtained within first three months of hire if not completed.
Address of Work: Ortona Gymnastics Club c/o Saville Community Sports Centre, 11610 65 Avenue NW. Edmonton, AB T6G 2E1
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience and certification
Benefits: Extended health/dental available after 90 days of continuous employment for full-time staff.
Please contact Anita Pelletier ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) for more details.