Membership & Finance Manager, Alberta Gymnastics Federation
The Alberta Gymnastics Federation requires a full time (40 hours per week) Membership & Finance Manager.
The Alberta Gymnastics Federation is the Provincial Association responsible for the development of the sport of gymnastics within Alberta. Based in Calgary, the Alberta Gymnastics Federation has more than 80 affiliate clubs throughout the Province with a total membership of over 45,000. Alberta Gymnastics has a reputation for excellence at both the organizational and program levels. The Membership & Finance Manager is responsible for AGF’s membership registrations, day to day bookkeeping and other administrative operations.
Duties/Tasks would include but are not limited to:
- Manage day-to-day registration and verification processes for all registered participants and member clubs
- Maintain updated membership information, membership payments and invoicing of membership fees
- Act as the key contact and service representative to assist club members with registration inquiries
- Prepare reconciliations of member registration records and categorize funds received from members accurately for membership database and Quickbooks
- Full cycle responsibility for the Federation’s accounting records, including data entry into Quickbooks of all revenue and expense items; maintain accurate accounts receivable, inventory, and accounts payable sub-ledgers, scheduling cheque processing and journal entries required to maintain accurate records
- In conjunction with the President/CEO, prepare, monitor and analyze quarterly operating results against budget for performance and risk assessment
- Adhere to financial policies and internal controls
- Oversee inventory control of various AGF resources
- Perform general administrative duties to include but not limited to directing telephone calls, and assisting with customer information, photocopying, mailing, and filing
Contribute insight, ideas, and opinions while participating in team meetings and projects
The ideal candidate must possess a minimum of two years of office administrative support experience, some post‐secondary education or related certification, excellent organizational skills (oral and written) and the ability to excel at details, multi‐tasking, working independently and within a team setting. Additionally, the candidate must possess some level of training in accounting and/or bookkeeping and be skilled in the use of software programs such as QuickBooks, Outlook, MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Technical knowledge of the sport and previous experience within the not‐for‐profit sector would be an asset.
The Alberta Gymnastics Federation offers a positive and safe work environment, flexible hours and competitive wages. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial legislation and regulations.
Applications will be accepted until 4:00 p.m., Thursday, September 12, 2019. Start date is negotiable.
Please email your resume with cover letter, expected wage and references in confidence to:
The Alberta Gymnastics Federation
#207, 5800 ‐ 2nd Street S.W.
Attention: S. F. Hayes
No phone calls, please. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Alberta Gymnastics Federation