AGF Requires a Membership Engagement and Gymnastics for All Manager
The Alberta Gymnastics Federation (AGF) is the Provincial Association responsible for the development of the sport of gymnastics within Alberta. Based in Calgary, AGF has more than 80 affiliate clubs throughout the province with a total membership of over 55,000.
AGF requires the services of a knowledgeable individual to work with AGF to strengthen its membership base by increasing membership development and education while ensuring the member experience is consistent, integrated and aligned with the goals of the Federation.
Membership engagement responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide strategic input and oversight of activities related to AGF membership onboarding, orientation, education, retention and communications needed to achieve AGF’s Strategic Plan and membership goals.
- Establish, develop and implement a proactive membership strategy to increase and maintain visibility and engagement with current members and prospective members.
- Establish, plan and implement strategies to measure impact of membership activities/services.
- Work collaboratively with AGF’s Communications and Marketing Manager to develop effective messaging and identify appropriate channels to help members understand and increase use of programs and services.
- Build and maintain relationships with the membership by establishing regular contact and support.
- Evaluate club operations and committee structure(s), programming and internal communications serving their members through discussions with club leaders and survey data.
- Work cross-departmentally to develop resources to help clubs be successful.
- Engage, train, educate the membership on the various services provided by AGF.
Gymnastics for All (GFA) responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the operational, strategic and budget planning of GFA program in conjunction with the appropriate committee/assembly.
- When required coordinate, attend and distribute minutes of the Gymnastics for All Committee.
- Coordinate and implement GymFest and other GFA related events.
- Monitor and evaluate the mentorship program with Gymnastics for All Committee.
- When required act as the AGF representative at Gymnastics Canada annual and semi-annual meetings.
The ideal candidate is a proven relationship builder who can execute on the day-to-day membership services responsibilities, while also leading the strategic vision of increasing value to members and improving the membership experience. Possessing superior communication and listening skills, the Membership Engagement and Gymnastics for All Manager will be a positive and creative non-profit professional with a passion for problem solving and building lasting relationships. Relevant post-secondary credentials and experience with membership, volunteer and the non-profit sector is required.
The individual will be expected to continuously communicate with members and maintain a strong relationship. They will also be required to identify and rectify issues as they occur, as well as ensuring that the President/CEO is kept apprised.
The position requires travel across Alberta to meet personally with member clubs on an ongoing basis. The individual will also be required to support the Federation in its other activities related to membership, including but not limited to, the Annual General Meeting, Awards Gala and other applicable events. Physical demands could involve walking or standing for long periods of time combined with light lifting.
Full time position: 40 hours a week on average on a monthly basis. However, the actual number of hours per week could vary considerably depending on several factors.
The Alberta Gymnastics Federation offers a positive and safe work environment, flexible hours and competitive wages. This position also includes a benefits package, travel expenses and a cellular phone.
Applications will be accepted until 4:00 pm, Wednesday July 18th, 2018. Start date is Aug 1st or negotiable if necessary.
Please email your resume with cover letter to:
Attention: Scott Hayes
No phone calls please