Brady Spencer Elected as New Chairperson of the AGF Board of Directors
After three years of serving as Chairperson on the Alberta Gymnastics Federation (AGF) Board of Directors, Katie Biberdorf has transitioned into the roles of Past Chair, Director at Large and member of the Nominating Committee. AGF would like to thank Katie for her dedication and commitment to the sport of gymnastics and the many contributions she has made over the past eight years of serving on the board. We welcome the expertise and experience she will bring to the board in her new roles.
We also extend our sincerest gratitude to Scott Whiteside who, for the past eight years, has been actively providing guidance and a historical perspective on board activities as Past Chair.
With Katie transitioning, several changes in board membership roles have ensued:
- Brady Spencer has been elected Chairperson and appointed as a general Director. The Women’s Program Committee (WPC) Chairperson position previously occupied by Brady is now vacant with the intention of making an additional board position available to a member of the coaching community. David Holmes, High Performance Representative on the WPC, will serve as Acting Chair until the Women's Program Assembly being held in May 2019. At that time a new WPC Chair will be elected to fulfil the remainder of the term which concludes in May 2020.
- Jack Payne has been elected as Vice-Chair and is now chairing the HR and Personnel Subcommittee
Additional board updates and opportunities:
- The role of Director and Secretary remains vacant.
AGF is also seeking individuals who may be interested in serving on the following AGF Subcommittees:
- Safe Sport: 1 position available. Experience in Safe Sport, conducting investigations, law enforcement, child protection or dealing with sport related disciplinary matters is an asset.
- Audit and Finance: 1 to 2 positions available. CPA designation (or legacy CA designation) with a solid background in external audit and not for profit accounting is preferred.
- Governance: 1 position available. Law background required.
- HR and Personnel: 1 position available. Human Resources background required.
- Marketing and Business Development: 1 position available. Marketing education and/or experience required.
Anyone interested in serving on the Board or in any of the subcommittee positions listed above is encouraged to express their interest by emailing email@example.com. Please specify which role you are interested in and your relevant experience. AGF welcomes having a diversity of experience and perspectives to draw from and as such, any member of the public with relevant experience is welcome to apply for these volunteer positions.