Call for Applications: AGF Board of Directors and Subcommittee Positions
The Alberta Gymnastics Federation (AGF) is currently seeking volunteers to fill two Director-at-Large positions on the AGF Board of Directors as well as several positions on AGF’s Subcommittees. Anyone with relevant experience can serve on an AGF Subcommittee or the AGF Board of Directors.
Director at Large (2 positions available)
This is an excellent opportunity to influence sport in Alberta and to act as a trustee and steward of AGF on behalf of the organization. Board members are required to attend 5 board meetings annually, including the Annual General Meeting that takes place in October. In this position, you will have a comprehensive view of gymnastics in Alberta and will facilitate policy development and organizational governance.
To learn more about the board, roles and responsibilities of AGF board members and more, click here.
AGF Subcommittee (1 to 2 positions available on each subcommittee)
Ideal candidates will posses strong problem-solving and communication skills, are dependable and share a passion for advancing the sport of gymnastics. Focus will be placed on maintaining and implementing our strategic plan, while ensuring the Federation’s strategic priorities are adhered to. Anyone from the public, with relevant experience, can serve on these subcommittees.
- Safe Sport: Experience in Safe Sport, conducting investigations, law enforcement, child protection or dealing with sport related disciplinary matters is an asset.
- Audit and Finance: CPA designation (or legacy CA designation) with a solid background in external audit and not for profit accounting is an asset.
- Governance: Law background is an asset.
- HR and Personnel: Human Resources background is an asset.
- Marketing and Business Development: Marketing education and/or experience is an asset.
HOW TO APPLY
Anyone interested in serving on the Board of Directors or in any of the subcommittee positions listed above is encouraged to express interest by emailing AGF Chairperson Brady Spencer (email@example.com) with the following information:
- The role(s) you are interested in
- Cover letter and resume outlining your relevant experience
Signed Nomination Form (if applying for a Director at Large position only)
Download the form here.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: May 24, 2019