GCG is pleased to announce the appointment of Mariève Millaire as Director of Events
Mariève Millaire has been an event manager for over 5 years with Volleyball Canada and has been involved with sport events for over 10 years. During her term with Volleyball Canada, she has provided strong leadership and developed excellent organizational and communication skills.
Mariève brings a broad range of knowledge and expertise to the position. With Volleyball Canada, she was involved with the delivery of National and International events in 4 different sports and she posses the ability to turn a vision into an operational plan.
With Gymnastics Canada, Mariève will assume the following specific responsibilities:
- Development, implementation and monitoring of a long term hosting plan;
- Event management, operation and promotion in accordance with the Gymnastics Canada hosting guidelines & regulations;
- Event liaison with organizing committees and Provincial / Territorial Gymnastics Associations;
- Assist with the financial management of events;
- Development and updating of event hosting tools and resources;
- Maintenance and updating of the event section on the Gymnastics Canada web site;
- Production of news / information bulletins and event calendars;
- Assist with marketing, promotional and fundraising initiatives;
- Communication and consultation with the Gymnastics Canada management staff and the Canadian gymnastics community;
Mariève Millaire is bilingual and will officially start her new duties in Ottawa on Monday December 3rd 2012. One of her first duties will be to liaise and assist the organizing committees of the Elite Canada series and the Canadian Gymnastics Championships Her e-mail address and phone line extension will be confirmed prior to her arrival.