Child/Youth Intervention Check: This check is valid for 3 years in Alberta. It can take up to 8 weeks for results to be processed. If you are an AGF member considering becoming a Manager or Coach for Team Alberta, it is highly recommended that you complete this check at least 2 months in advance of your trip. This check is NOT done at a police station. You may either go in or file in a form online via the process below. For a full list of locations, click here.
Please complete the attached digital IRC form. Intervention Record Check
If you are adopting through a private adoption agency, please contact the agency for the appropriate form.
You will require Adobe Acrobat Reader on your device. Do not print or photograph the digital form – this allows the IRC process to be completely electronic. Do not change the form to Word document or use the fill and sign.
Forward your completed form along with a copy of 2 pieces of government issued ID (as a second attachment) to: CS-IRCrequest@gov.ab.ca
Examples of accepted forms of ID: driver’s license, AB identification card, Treaty status card, AHC, firearms license, birth certificate, passport. Do not send a copy of your Social Insurance Number.
Before submitting your request, please check that you have:
- Entered your personal information – name, complete address, aliases, children, DOBs, etc.
- Identified the organization & type of position you are applying for – even if “Residing with…”
- Typed your name and date at the bottom of sections 1 & 2 to verify the information provided is correct and to consent to having the check completed (check the box in front as well).
- Ensured that the completed IRC form is attached as a PDF. No pictures or web links please
- Attached the copies of your ID
Incomplete requests will be returned for correction and will create delays in processing.
Please note that processing times may take up to 30 business days and will depend on the volume of requests.
Intervention Record Checks
Children’s Services – Southern Regions
Government of Alberta
Joanne Currie Wood
Intervention Record Checks, Interprovincial
Government of Alberta